Develop a Sustainable Financial Strategy
About this Course
There is no higher form of user validation than having customers support your product with their wallets. However, the path to a profitable business is not necessarily an easy one. This course blends instruction with real life examples to help you effectively develop, implement, and measure your monetization strategy, iterating on the model as appropriate.
Approx. 1 months
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
What You Will Learn
- A monetization strategy is comparable to the product/market fit for a new idea.
- Start thinking about profitability from the beginning.
- Learn about monetization models, profit margins, KPIs, and customer acquisition and retention.
- Monetization strategies for freemium, subscription, eCommerce, and Ads across web, games, and native apps.
- Learn about the tools startups use to implement these strategies and design a plan to execute a model for your own product.
Implement a Monetization Plan
- Choose and tailor a monetization strategy for your product and learn how to set up tracking to monitor its effectiveness.
- Use Google Analytics and other tracking tools to get behavior reports, crashes, exceptions, and app speed.
Prerequisites and Requirements
This course has no formal prerequisites, but you will get a lot more out of the instruction and exercises if you’ve got a product design, or you’ve completed Product Design before enrolling in this course.
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
Google Developer Relations has worked with thousands of developers in hundreds of startups to help them build successful apps. Along the way, they’ve identified common themes that contribute to successful monetization strategies.
This course combines this expertise with insights from leading startups in multiple industries. From ecommerce to games, this course will guide you through the best practices and principles for monetizing your app. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Choose & implement a monetization strategy relevant to your product
- Set performance metrics & monitor the success of a strategy
- Know when it might be time to change methods
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals