Creating an Analytical Dataset
Prepare data for analysis and modeling
About this Course
The Creating an Analytical Dataset course provides students with foundational knowledge to input, clean, blend, and format data in preparation for analysis. You will learn:
Throughout this course you’ll also learn the techniques to apply your knowledge in a data analytics program called Alteryx. At the end of the course, you’ll complete a project based on the principles in the course..
This course is part of the Business Analyst Nanodegree.
Approx. 2 weeks
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
What You Will Learn
- Learn to identify structured, unstructured, and semistructured data.
- Get an introduction to the most common data types.
- Learn about the most common sources of data.
- Learn to clean dirty data.
- Learn to how to adjust for missing data.
- Be able to identify and correct outliers.
- Learn about the importance of data format for analysis.
- Transpose, aggregate, and cross tabulate data.
- Learn how to use parse data.
Prerequisites and Requirements
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
Ever heard of the term garbage in, garbage out? This is as true in analytics as it is anywhere else. In this course, you’ll learn how to prepare data to ensure the efficacy of your analysis, a foundational skill for anyone using advanced analytics. You'll learn this through improving your fluency in Alteryx, a data analytics tool that enables you prepare, blend, and analyze data quickly. This course is ideal for anyone who is interested in pursuing a career in business analysis, but lacks programming experience.
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals