SQL for Data Analysis
Databases, SQL, and More!
About this Course
In this course, you’ll learn to use Structured Query Language (SQL) to extract and analyze data stored in databases. You’ll first learn to extract data, join tables together, and perform aggregations. Then you’ll learn to do more complex analysis and manipulations using subqueries, temp tables, and window functions. By the end of the course, you’ll be able to write efficient SQL queries to successfully handle a variety of data analysis tasks.
Approx. 4 weeks
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
What You Will Learn
- Learn to write common SQL commands including SELECT, FROM, and WHERE
- Learn to use logical operators in SQL
- Learn to write INNER JOINs to combine data from multiple tables
- Learn to write LEFT JOINs to combine data from multiple tables
- Learn to write common aggregations in SQL including COUNT, SUM, MIN, and MAX
- Learn to write CASE and DATE functions, as well as work with NULL values
Subqueries and Temp Tables
- Learn to write subqueries to run multiple queries together
- Learn to use temp tables to access a table with more than one query
Prerequisites and Requirements
Students should have general familiarity working with data in spreadsheets.
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
SQL is the most commonly used data analysis tool for data analysts and data scientists. The majority of the world’s data is stored in databases, and learning SQL will enable you to access and analyze this data with ease. SQL is a valuable tool for a wide array of roles across diverse industries—digital marketers, engineers, product managers, and more, use SQL every day. The ability to do important data work yourself with SQL enhances the value you'll bring to any organization.
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals