Learning a new programming language can seem intimidating but getting started with CSS basics can be a quick and fun endeavor.
While the expanded concepts and design options available with CSS can be quite impressive, it is the basics of design that help build your skill set towards a solid process foundation. CSS is the proverbial paintbrush for the canvas that is HTML.
Within this Udacity hub of CSS basics tutorial content, you will find easy-to-follow guides complete with step-by-step instructions to move you through the basic concepts. Sample code and images are provided to enhance the material as well. The hub will grow as more content is made available. Be sure to check in as more CSS basics are added to the CSS toolbox for you to work with.
The Udacity CSS Hub:
The following topics are live and ready for you to dive into.
- CSS Basics for Beginners
- CSS Alignment Basics
- Intro to CSS Attribute Selectors
- The Friendly Guide to CSS Background Color
- CSS Background Shorthand Tutorial
- CSS Background Repeat Tutorial
- CSS Background Image Tutorial
- CSS Background Attachment Tutorial
- CSS Border Side Property Explained
- CSS Guide to Border Shorthand Use
- Easy Guide to Understanding CSS Border Style
- Advanced CSS Grid and Flexbox
- Margins and Padding in CSS and HTML
- Introduction to HTML/CSS Font Weight
- HTML/CSS Class and ID Selectors
- Web Image Background Size
- Quick and Easy Guide to CSS Hex Color
- The CSS Box Model: Explained for Beginners
- An Introduction to CSS Combinators
- An Easy Guide to Adding A CSS Comment
- How to Use an HTML Counter Like a Pro
- CSS Size: Width and Height Explained
- Understanding the CSS Display Property
- How to Build a CSS Dropdown Menu
- Fun With CSS Code Examples
- CSS Practice Project: Style a Table
- Easy to Follow CSS Float Layout Examples
- The Beginners Guide to CSS Float
- CSS Guide to Using the Clearfix Hack
- Getting Started With Setting HTML Font Size
- Learn the Basics of CSS Font Families
- How to Build Your Own CSS Grid Container
- CSS Grid Layout: Lines and Gaps Explained
- CSS Basics: How to Use a CSS Stylesheet
The Power of CSS
CSS allows the designer to not just pour that creativity into a page, but also to inject concepts of UI or UX elements as well. This provides the end-user with benefits such as increased navigation, functionality, and overall accessibility. Great CSS can marry the function with design to create something truly amazing.
Go Even Further with Your Design Potential
This hub serves as a great place to get started with the basics of CSS. It will grow in the future to provide even more content to help out those getting started. However, this is simply the tip of that old proverbial iceberg. There is an absolute wealth of information available through Udacity to help you dive deeper to see all that is there.
Take the path even further and enroll in the Intro to Programming Nanodegree to see just how impressive your own skills can become. Through Udacity’s talented instructors, the core concepts of programming can help propel you to greater heights.