Welcome to the HTML hub! This guide will provide you with an exhaustive list of everything that you need to know about HTML— one of the most vital programming languages for creating and designing web pages today.
You’ll find everything from HTML basics, to creative more advanced HTML techniques in this guide. This is a living document so please come back and visit us as we continue to add more published content.
All HTML Content Located in One Place
- Learn How to Apply the HTML thead Tag: When building tables for your web page, it is nice to know how to differentiate a table row using the HTML thead tag.
- A Quick Show / Hide Navigation Option: When web page space is at a premium as with smaller mobile devices viewing the internet, you might want to hide certain areas of your web page.
- How to Apply the CSS Property: border-bottom: The border-bottom property allows you to control the width, style, and color of the bottom border of a box.
- How to Apply the margin-top CSS Property: The margin-top property sets the top margin of an element. This “element” can include an image, or any of the text on your web page.
- The Essentials of Web Hosting: Learn the strategy for taking your website files and getting them up safely onto a web hosting server.
- Using the (Variable) Element: This HTML element represents the name of a variable in a mathematical expression or in the context of programming.
- Utilizing the HTML Label Tag: Learn some straightforward form building techniques that you can customize and use for multiple applications including text fields, checkboxes, radio buttons, and submit buttons.
- The Beginner’s Guide to Easy HTML: Examine what it takes to do a simple layout so that you feel comfortable working with the HTML code on its own.
- The World of Advanced HTML Tables: Explore how to create advanced tables: understand the essential tags, add some more advanced tags, and further define your ability to control content.
- The World of CSS Font Styles: Font styles give one more layer of CSS knowledge to enhance your viewer’s user experience.
- Accommodating Users with the nonscript HTML Tag: Learn how to easily apply the nonscript HTML tag to ensure that your viewers can see necessary content.
- Utilizing CSS Superscript and Subscript: Learn how to easily apply CSS styles to create the subscript and superscript effect for chemistry, mathematics, and the academic literary world.
- The Essential HTML Beginner Tutorial: Learn a wide variety of HTML tags that create wonderful enhancements to your website.
- The World of HTML Tags: Learn a wide variety of HTML tags that are specific to categories within the HTML world, all of which are used to enhance your website.
- The Benefits of Creating CSS Grouping: Learn some straightforward CSS grouping methods that will transform the way you build CSS styles in your code editor.
- Creating HTML Forms: Learn some straightforward form building techniques that you can customize and use for multiple applications.
- Designing CSS Borders: Learn some fun techniques to customize borders and see the results using different styles, widths, and colors.
- Creating Beautiful Color Gradients: Color is a major focus of web design. Setting a background color on a page can change a lot about how it impacts the user. Choosing the right color can help make or break that experience.
- An Introduction to CSS Border-Collapse: Using border-collapse can help to create the visual lines you desire in a table layout.
- Creating the CSS DropDown Menu: A drop-down menu is a graphic control element that allows the user to choose a single value from a list.
- CSS Tabs: CSS Tabs provide helpful navigation of websites.
- The Essentials of Meta Tags in HTML: Expanding on the details within the Meta Tags can provide details about your web page that you may have never thought important or necessary.
- Creating HTML Intermediate Tables: Explore how to create intermediate tables: control the number of rows and columns, define the table width, and also combine table cells
- Tips and Tricks with CSS Background Position: Explore how you can give your web page something extra by adding an image into the background and assuring proper positioning on the page.
- Your Guide to Transforming Text with CSS: explore how you can give your web page something extra by creating a “text transform” to specific text in your web page.
- Your Guide to Letter Spacing with CSS: Explore how you can give your web page something extra by applying css character spacing to your text.
- Working with Box and Text Shadows: Explore how you can give your web page something extra by applying shadows to boxes as well as to text.
- HTML for Dummies: Examine what it takes to do a simple layout so that you feel comfortable working with the HTML code.
- How to Create Pull Quotes in HTML: This tutorial will show you how to engage your audience with an extraordinary quote from the text you publish on the web.
- Exploring the Dynamic Range of Web Image Background Size: Play with CSS to set your background image size.
- Advanced CSS Grid and Flexbox: Adapt to the mobile web format with custom flex grids.
- Building a Custom HTML Web Email Form: Build a custom web form to assist customers.
- Creating an HTML 404! Error Web Page: Build an HTML 404 error web page to customize what the visitor sees when they land there.
- Working with Images and HTML: Enhance your ability to use images on your web page effectively.
- An Introduction to Margins and Padding in CSS and HTML: Explore some easy-to-use, creative applications to further enhance your ability to add space around an element.
- An Introduction to Font Families: Explore creative applications to further enhance the text on your web page.
- An Introduction to Span and Div: Further enhance the text and placement of text on your web page.
- An Introduction to HTML/CSS Font Weight: An introduction to the creative use of font-weight in web page design.
- HTML/CSS Class and ID Selectors: Everything You Need to Know: An introduction into the creative world of Class and ID Selectors.
Continue to Express Your Creativity Through HTML
HTML is the foundation of the web page and the creative aspects are incredible. For those who love to design and build, and at the same time pay attention to detail in the visual space, then HTML is for you. Here at Udacity, we build on the foundation and continue to explore this creative environment that holds limitless possibilities.
Take the Next Step Into Creative Web Design
The links on this page provide you with a springboard into the world of creative web design. This is a starting point into your future of becoming an accomplished and proactive web page designer where the limits of web design are only limited to your own creativity. HTML offers endless possibilities to expand your mind, as well as your career in the tech world.
We will continue to explore other areas of HTML design in upcoming blogs. We hope this introduction has piqued your interest and inspired you to explore further and dive deeper into the world of web design.
Enroll in our Intro to Programming Nanodegree program today!