Product Manager Interview Preparation
Prove your qualifications in your Product Manager interviews, and watch experienced Product Managers go through mock strategy and technical interviews, as well as share insights about the PM interview process.
About this Course
In this course, you'll learn exactly what to expect during a product management interview, and view exclusive interviews with practicing core, data, growth, and AI Product Managers. You'll cover how to prepare for a Product Management interview, and understand what skills, abilities, and experience impress hiring managers and help you stand out. You'll watch actual Product Managers run mock strategy and technical interviews, and learn directly from their experience and answers. Finally, you'll get to see what a day in the life looks like for product managers in different specializations. Throughout the course, you will receive additional practice questions to prepare you to ace your next PM interview. Complete this course and be equipped to land your dream role in product management!
Approx. 1 week
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
VP of Product at Appen
Director of Enterprise Product at Udacity
Senior Product Manager at Adobe
Growth Product Manager at FunnelGuard
What You Will Learn
What You Need to Know Before the Product Manager Interview
- Understand what skills, abilities, and experience impress Hiring Managers and help you stand out
- Learn how to prepare for a Product Manager interview, including what assets to prioritize and how responses should be structured
- Get advice from practicing Product Managers on how to get into Product Management
Mock Interview: Product Strategy Questions
- Learn how to answer case questions that touch upon feature enhancements to improve product performance, metrics to measure success, and how to increase product subscriptions
- Learn how to justify your product decisions with a strategic framework that is structured and defensible
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses in the mock strategy interview, and apply your learnings to a set of practice questions
Mock Interview: Technical Product Questions
- Learn how to answer questions around prioritizing resources in a product roadmap, and convincing cross-functional teams to execute on your vision
- Learn how to answer technical questions like explaining the back-end of a Google search
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses in the mock technical interview, and apply your learnings to a set of practice questions
Day in the Life of a Product Manager
- Understand how Product Managers structure their day, and which skills are applied how on the job
- Explain the typical decisions Product Managers have to make, and the unique challenges and opportunities that are encapsulated in this role
- Experience a day in the life of Product Managers in the Growth and AI specializations
Prerequisites and Requirements
This course is ideal for anyone looking to upgrade their PM interviewing skills or break into the Product Management field, and learn best practices for Product Management interviews. There are no technical prerequisites for this course.
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals