But since machine learning is a relatively new career field, machine learning engineer job descriptions can be overwhelming and confusing. In this blog, we make it easy for you to prepare for these jobs by recommending the top skills that employers are looking for while hiring machine learning engineers.
Top Skills Needed to Become a Machine Learning Engineer
Because machine learning is an emerging technology, not many professionals are experienced in this field. Hence, if you look closely, most machine learning engineer job descriptions seek out data scientists with programming skills, or vice versa.
A machine learning engineer job description typically includes the following:
- Advanced degree in computer science, math, statistics or a related discipline, or an industry certification in machine learning
- Extensive data modeling and data architecture skills
- Programming experience in Python, R or Java
- Background in machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or Pytorch
- Strong written and verbal communications
For acing these job requirements, a machine learning engineer should have the following skills according to Indeed.com.
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Deep Learning
- Computer Vision
- Data Mining
Become Eligible for Your Dream Machine Learning Engineer Job Description
If machine learning is on your mind and you want to explore this emerging career field, check out our Machine Learning Engineer Nanodegree program to learn advanced machine learning techniques and algorithms — including how to package and deploy your models to a production environment.