Welcome to the Self-driving Car Hub!
This hub provides you with a comprehensive repository for information about self-driving cars — one of the most popular and important tech products that can positively impact your life!
People have been excited about self-driving cars since the early 1900s. As early as 1939, people saw versions of self-driving cars on display at the New York World’s Fair Futurama exhibit. In the time since, people and technology have greatly improved the first autonomous vehicle prototypes.
You have many reasons to be excited about self-driving cars today. Autonomous vehicles can improve driving safety, increase your leisure time, and reduce your stress levels while behind the wheel. Further, electric self-driving cars are a means toward a cleaner, more sustainable energy future.
Self-driving Car Hub Content
Here at Udacity’s self-driving car hub, you’ll find information about timely topics like:
- How Self-driving Cars Work: Sensor Systems — Details on amazing self-driving car sensor tech.
- Career Spotlight: Data Scientist vs Machine Learning Engineer — Two interesting careers where you can work on self-driving cars.
- So You Want To Be a Self-driving Car Engineer — How to make your self-driving-car passion a career.
- When Will Self-driving Cars Be Available? — Anxious to have your own self-driving car? Learn about when that can happen.
- Self-driving Car Engineer Salary: What You Can Expect in 2021 — As long as you want to make self-driving cars your career, don’t you want to know how much you can earn?
- Are Self-driving Cars Safe? — Some important self-driving car safety questions answered.
- Self-driving Car Engineer Jobs: How to Secure Your Dream Career — Details on a self-driving car engineer career.
- Self-driving Cars: What Comes Next and What You Need to Know — Self-driving cars in our world: past, present and future.
- Meet the Youngest Self-driving Car Engineer – Aaron Ma | Student Story — A self-driving car Nanodegree program graduate’s success story.
- Learn C++ to Code Self-driving Cars, Robots, Embedded Systems, and Much More — C++ and self-driving cars go hand in hand.
- The Quest to Engineer the Self-driving Car: Expanded Partnership With Mercedes-Benz — Udacity and Mercedes-Benz partnered to create two Autonomous Systems Nanodegree programs.
- C++ Skills and Career Advice From a Self-driving Car Engineer — How one self-driving car engineer and Udacity graduate uses C++ and more.
- The Road to Intersect 2018: David Silver Talks Self-driving Cars — Up close in Carla with a Udacity self-driving car expert.
- How We Hire: The Udacity Self-driving Car Engineer Nanodegree Program — The ins and outs of Udacity’s self-driving car Nanodegree program development.
- Flying Cars vs. Self-driving Cars — How do Udacity’s autonomous vehicle Nanodegree programs differ?
- From India to Silicon Valley: The Journey to a Self-driving Car Career — An inspiring Udacity student’s success story.
- A Self-driving Car Job at NVIDIA — An inspiring Udacity student’s success story.
- Self-driving Cars in the IoT Age — Self-driving cars in context of the Internet of Things.
- Advice for Our Intro to Self-driving Cars Students, From Our Advanced Students!
- Self-driving Car Students in Jobs: Patrick Kern — Thoughts and career advice from a Udacity self-driving car Nanodegree program student.
- Self-driving Car Students in Jobs: Oren Meiri — Thoughts and career advice from a Udacity self-driving car Nanodegree program student.
- Self-driving Car Students in Jobs: Caleb Kirksey — Thoughts and career advice from a Udacity self-driving car Nanodegree program student.
- Self-driving Car Students in Jobs: Robert Ioffe — Thoughts and career advice from a Udacity self-driving car Nanodegree program student.
- The What, How, and Why of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Self-driving Cars — Self-driving cars use AI and machine learning!
- Why Are We Building a Self-driving Car? — An insider’s look at Udacity’s reasons for building Carla: the team’s self-driving car.
- Why You Should Learn SQL to Boost Your Career — Even self-driving car companies use SQL!
- AI Career Guide: AI Examples Across Industries — Self-driving cars are artificially intelligent; you can work on them as an AI specialist!
More self-driving car content will be available as it is published, so stay tuned!
Self-driving Cars Spark Our Imagination
We hope you’ve caught the same enthusiasm bug for self-driving cars that we have. Not only can self-driving cars improve peoples’ lives, they’re just fascinating to learn about!
Self-driving cars are front runners of progressive technologies. They are artificially intelligent machines equipped with high-tech tools like ultrasonic sensors, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), lasers, and even sonar.
You’re Ready to Learn About Self-driving Cars
Udacity’s team is passionate about self-driving cars. In fact, Udacity’s founder, Sebastian Thrun, is an expert in the field of self-driving cars. He is an experienced self-driving car developer and winning team leader.
Udacity offers many online training programs related to self-driving cars. Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America (MBRDNA) has partnered with Udacity to build the team’s Self-driving Car Engineer and Sensor Fusion Engineer Nanodegree programs.
Udacity offers many additional programs related to self-driving cars such as:
You are ready to learn more about self-driving cars and other fascinating subjects. Consider registering for a Nanodegree program that speaks to you today!