Passwordless Login Solutions for iOS
Add Account Kit and Facebook Login
About this Course
For an app developer, providing a seamless user experience is critical for building engagement and growing a user base. Passwordless login solutions provide your users with a simple, secure, and positive first experience.
In this course, you'll learn two frameworks for sign-up and authentication: Account Kit, which uses a phone number and code, and Facebook Login for iOS. You’ll learn how to configure both types of authentication side by side in a sample app, test the flow on a series of common use cases, and wrap things up with an introduction to Facebook’s Graph API, a window into an incredible wealth of data for creating a more engaging experience for your users.
Approx. 1 weeks
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
What You Will Learn
Introduction to Passwordless Login Solutions
- Learn why users’ login preferences are so critical for your app
- Discover how Account Kit and Facebook Login positively impact the login experience
- Explore ways these solutions can expand the reach of your app
- Create your Facebook for Developers account
- Configure authentication with Account Kit in a sample app
- Track app events and analytics
- Configure authentication with Facebook Login for a sample app
- Learn best practices for asking users for permissions
- Explore Facebook Login analytics from real partner apps
Testing Login Flow
- Learn strategies for handling many types of Facebook Authentication cases
- Test your app’s Login flow against these common use cases
Prerequisites and Requirements
To get the most out of this course, you should have at least 3 months experience developing iOS apps in Swift, and familiarity using a third party SDK. If you lack this experience, please take our Intro to iOS App Development with Swift course prior to enrolling in this one. We also recommend taking Swift for Developers if you have experience with iOS Apps but are new to Swift.
To follow along with course activities, you must create a Facebook for Developers account, which will provide access to the Facebook Platform.
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
Learn how to use tools from Facebook that enable developers to add features to an app that support increased personalization, enable frictionless account creation, and provide a seamless user experience.
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals