Async Work Made Easy
About this Course
Along the way, you'll be using Promises to make a webapp come to life!
Approx. 3 weeks
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
What You Will Learn
Prerequisites and Requirements
We expect that students have built web apps in the past and they are familiar with the pitfalls of callback-heavy code. There is no HTML or CSS in this class.
- Using functions to return objects and other functions
- Basic understanding of scope and closures
- Reading and writing named and anonymous callbacks
- Array methods like
- Ability to use GitHub to clone repos and checkout branches
- Comfort with command line tools
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
Every web developer needs to be able to work with asynchronous code. Network requests, browser events, web workers and just about every else about the web happens asynchronously.
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals