Dynamically control the browser
About this Course
Approx. 4 weeks
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
What You Will Learn
The Document Object Model
- Learn how the DOM is constructed
- Use DOM methods to select page elements
- Figure out where an Element's properties come from
Working with Browser Events
- Discover the hidden world of browser events
- Learn when the web page is ready to be modified and controlled
Prerequisites and Requirements
Students should have experience with the following skills:
- building a website with HTML
- styling page elements with CSS
- specifically, selecting elements by ID, class, or tag
- looping through data (e.g. the
These skills are covered in the following courses:
See the technology requirements for using Udacity.
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
Are you interested in learning how to programmatically add new content to a page? Do you want to dynamically change the styling of an element, respond to a form submission by displaying a message to the user, or learn how to measure the performance of your code? If you said, "Yes!" to any of these, then this course is for you!
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals