Fetch Data Asynchronously
About this Course
This course covers everything a developer needs to know to asynchronously send and receive data in their web applications. You'll dive into how asynchronous requests work by using the XHR object to create and send asynchronous requests for image and news article data. Then, you'll see how you can perform async requests more easily using third-party libraries and APIs like jQuery's Ajax and the Fetch API.
Approx. 3 weeks
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
What You Will Learn
Lesson 1: Ajax with XHR
- Learn why you should use asynchronous data requests
- Use the XHR (XMLHTTPRequest) object to send and receive data asynchronously
Lesson 2: Ajax with jQuery
- Compare using XHR with using a third-party library like jQuery's Ajax
- Send and receive data using jQuery's Ajax methods
- Learn how jQuery's Ajax works under the hood
Prerequisites and Requirements
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
Retrieving data asynchronously is now the norm with apps like Twitter, Facebook, and Google sending and retrieving mountains of data without having to stop and wait for processes to finish or to reload the page. Create smooth, modern web applications by using Ajax techniques to retrieve data asynchronously.
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals