Google Maps APIs
Using Maps & Location in Web Apps
About this Course
This course will introduce you to the content available through the Google Maps APIs. You’ll be walked through building a real-estate listings site step-by-step, using a beautifully styled Google map, data visualization, street view panoramas, and various nifty location related features such as calculating distance between locations, getting directions, and viewing places of interest data. You’ll also see other examples of Google Maps APIs in action, and understand how to put your new knowledge into practice by creating your own Project in the Google APIs Console.
Approx. 2 weeks
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
What You Will Learn
Getting Started with the APIs
- Show markers and infowindows, load and use various libraries, and create street view panoramas.
- Learn about the Static Maps and Street View imagery APIs.
Understanding API Services
- Get addresses from coordinates, calculate the distances, travel times, and directions between multiple locations.
- Learn to obtain the elevation or time zone of a point, and looking for places of interest around a location.
Prerequisites and Requirements
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
As a Web Developer, it can be valuable to add location related features and map visualizations into your websites. Google Maps in a site are engaging, familiar, and reliable for your users-- and the Google Maps APIs make developing with them easy.
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals