Getting Started with Google Workspace
Learn the skills to be productive with Google Workspace.
About this Course
This training equips students with the skills they need to become productive with Google Workspace. By the end of this course, the student will be proficient in the use of the core Google Workspace applications: Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Meet, and Google Chat.
They will learn how to manage mail and schedules effectively; create, manage and, share content in Google Drive; and become more productive through the use of the collaboration features that are an integral and defining part of Google Workspace.
It is recommended that students engage with this content using a Chromebook, Windows, or Mac OS computer with Google Chrome installed, plus a managed Google Workspace account.
Approx. 2 Months
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
Google Cloud Training
What You Will Learn
- Compose, send, and reply to messages
- Explore some of the common actions that can be applied to a Gmail message
- Organize your mail using Gmail labels
- Learn how to create and manage Google Calendar events
- Learn how to update an existing event, delete and restore events, and search your calendar
- Understand when to apply different event types such as reminders, tasks, and appointment slots
- Navigate your Google Drive
- Upload files and folders and work across file types
- View, arrange, organize, modify, and remove files in Google Drive
- Open Google Docs, create and format a new document, and apply a template to a new document
- Enhance your documents using a table of contents, headers and footers, tables, drawings, images, and more
- Share your documents with others
- Open Google Sheets, create a blank spreadsheet, and create a spreadsheet from a template
- Add, import, sort, filter and format your data using Google Sheets and learn how to work across different file types
- Create a basic formula, use functions, and reference data
- Open Google Slides, create a blank presentation, and create a presentation from a template
- Explore themes, layout options, content formatting, and speaker notes in your presentations
- Enhance your slides by adding tables, images, charts, and more
Google Meet and Google Chat
- Become familiar with the different ways you can open Google Meet and add people to a video conference
- Join a meeting from different sources such as a calendar event or meeting link
- Use direct messaging to have a private conversation with a colleague or a small group of people
Google Sheets - Advanced Topics
- Explore how to create formulas using functions, reference, and validate your data in a Google Sheet
- Explore the data visualization options in Google Sheets, such as charts and pivot tables
- Explore how Forms and Sheets work together by connecting collected Form data to a spreadsheet, or by creating a Form from an existing spreadsheet
Why Take This Course
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals
Prerequisites and Requirements
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.