Intro to Progressive Web Apps
Web Apps for the Next Billion Users
About this Course
In this course you’ll get started working on your very first Progressive Web App (PWA) - a web app that can take advantage of many of the features native applications have enjoyed. You’ll also get more experience in creating a web app that works offline using Service Workers. Finally, you’ll make your app installable to the user’s home screen with the Web App Manifest file.
Approx. 2 weeks
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
What You Will Learn
Progressive Web Apps
- What is a Progressive Web App is and why you would want to make one?
- Get started building out your very own app shell.
- Use Service Workers to enable your application to work offline.
- Identify which assets you should cache and how to use these cached assets in your application.
Prerequisites and Requirements
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
This content is important because the next frontier for developers is creating web applications that can reach places native apps cannot. This course covers the requirements for and construction of Progressive Web Applications – web sites that can install and operate applications on a mobile device just as if they were native applications.
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals