Intro to Backend
Starting Out with Web Serving Technology
About this Course
This course is a selection of material from our larger Web Development course.
This course presents an overview of a variety of Web backend topics: handling user input, producing templated output, storing information in databases and data stores, and building systems with secure user accounts.
Approx. 3 weeks
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
What You Will Learn
Forms and Inputs
- How do web sites handle user input?
- Build HTML forms and the validation and escaping logic needed to handle user input correctly.
- How do web sites store data?
- Use both SQL databases and the Google App Engine datastore in this program.
Prerequisites and Requirements
You have a basic working knowledge of the Python programming language, which will be used in this course.
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
You want to build Web services and want a place to start. This course gives you the foundational knowledge to do just that.
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals