Data Visualization in Tableau
See and understand your data
About this Course
Learn the fundamentals of data visualization and practice communicating with data. This course covers how to apply design principles, human perception, color theory, and effective storytelling with data. If you present data to others, aspire to be a business analyst or data scientist, or if you’d like to become more effective with visualization tools, then you can grow your skills with this course.
This course is part of both the Business Analyst and Data Analyst Nanodegree Programs.
Approx. 3 weeks
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
What You Will Learn
Data Visualization Fundamentals
- Learn why visualization is so important in analytics.
- Learn about exploratory versus explanatory visualizations.
- Get introduced to data types and ways to encode data.
- Use chart type, color, size, and shape to get the most out of data visualizations.
- Learn about the importance of limiting the amount of data presented in an analysis.
- Learn to use data with integrity.
Creating Visualizations with Tableau
- Do basic functions in Tableau, like inputting data and building charts.
- Learn to use colors, shapes, and other tools to dig deep into data.
- Learn to use calculations to create new data columns.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- No programming experience required.
- Interested in using data to make better business decisions.
- Tableau license (provided to Nanodegree students at no cost).
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
Data visualization skills are tremendously important in today’s data driven economy. Collecting and analysing data is just one step; to communicate your results to clients or your managers, you need to present the data in a coherent and intuitive way. Charts or graphs allow the human brain to visualize and understand large amounts of complex data.
This course will teach you to use data visualization to explore and understand data, and then communicate insights in a powerful and meaningful ways.
This course uses Tableau to create data visualizations. A 6-month educational license for Tableau is included free for Nanodegree students only.
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals