To participate in Udacity courses, please make sure your computer meets the following minimum requirements.
Certain programs and tools may have additional requirements. Please view the respective overview page for those details.
- An up-to-date version of Chrome is strongly recommended.
- We also support the latest versions of Firefox, Safari, Opera and Microsoft Edge.
- At this time, mobile browsers are not supported, but you can download our iOS or Android Apps to view courses on the go.
- Download: 2+ Mbps recommended; minimum 1 Mbps.
- Upload: 0.5 Mbps.
- PC: Windows XP or higher with latest updates installed (note: Internet Explorer 8 is not supported).
- Mac: OS X 10.6 or higher with latest updates installed.
- Linux: Any recent distribution that has the supported browsers installed.
- iOS: Requires iOS 8.1 or later
- Android: Requires Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or later
- Ability to watch YouTube videos is required. If YouTube is blocked on your network, please contact your IT support or internet provider.
- If you do not use the HTML5 player, or are using Internet Explorer, you will need Adobe Flash Player v11 or above.
- You can find YouTube’s system requirements here.
Webcam & Microphone
Required for Webcasts and exit interviews (Full Course).
- Webcam: 640×480 or higher resolution.
- Microphone: built in to most webcams and laptops, or freestanding. Not a headset for proctored exams.
Required for Webcasts, one on one appointments, and exit interviews
- Sign up for Google account here.
- If you have a Gmail or YouTube account, that same login can be used to access all of Google’s features.