Today’s Big Problem
Despite global discussion about gender diversity in tech, women are still underrepresented, underpaid and often discriminated against in the industry. The troubling statistics speak for themselves:
- Women make up 47% of all employed adults in the U.S., but hold only 25% of computing roles.¹
- 78% of women in tech feel they have to work harder than their coworkers to prove their worth. Only 54% of men say the same.²
- Only 5% of startup founders are women.³
- Women in tech earn 94.6 cents for every dollar earned by a man with the same role and experience.²
We are committed to closing the divide between men and women in STEM fields. That starts with ensuring a robust pipeline of trained, talented women. But we need organizations to be on board. That’s why we are offering to match any organization that pledges to purchase Udacity scholarships. Together, we can provide:
- Nanodegree program scholarships for women to build practical, in-demand, cutting-edge tech skills.
- Opportunities to upskill current employees while closing the gender gap in your organization.
- Professional development and career resources support.
- Subject matter experts and on-demand tutors.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the scholarship matching program?
Can I sponsor more than 25 scholarships?
Are there restrictions on the type of organization that can sponsor these scholarships?
What are the next steps? Where can I get more information about this?
Who will the scholarships be used for?
I want to sponsor scholarships for a specific Nanodegree program. Can I do that?
Do you have similar scholarship opportunities for individual students who are not affiliated with an organization?