About the Program
In Collaboration With
These Nanodegree programs last 3-4 months and include projects and virtual classroom sessions, as well as engagement with local and national employers.
How does it work?
Complete the online application form for the learning path of your choice before the deadline of February 13, 2022. By February 15, 2022, you will be notified of your acceptance into the program. You will be enrolled and invited to the Kickoff Webinar on February 22, 2022 and you will begin your 3-month learning journey in the Udacity classroom.
Benefits of Rancho Cordova Tech Career Incubator
- Work on real-world projects designed by industry experts to build your portfolio of skills
- Learn in-demand skills from the most up-to-date content, co-created with top industry experts
- Throughout your entire journey, you will have access to a supportive online community, where you will get to ask other students and tutors for support to help you through any learning difficulties or even to network!
- 18 years of age or older
- Resident of Rancho Cordova (check eligibilty)
- Dedicate 10-15 hours per week to learning online
- Attend mandatory 1.5 hour weekly virtual sessions led by a Udacity Session Lead
Udacity's Nanodegree Programs
- Use statistics and spreadsheet programs like Excel to analyze data from over 500 companies on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Query a digital music store database which holds information regarding the store’s media, employees, and customers.
- Build interactive dashboards with Tableau and use them to discover and communicate insights from data.
Intro to Programming
- Use HTML and CSS to make Trading Cards. You will apply your knowledge of HTML Document Structure to your html file and then create custom CSS styling based on your preferences.
- Create a simple, interactive, text-based adventure game in Python, using modules, loops, conditionals, and functions. Demonstrate your ability to write correct Python syntax, practice with fundamental programming logic and refactor code using functions.
- Apply Python and object-oriented programming skills to build a program that plays the game of Rock Paper Scissors. You’ll build classes that represent the game and its players. You’ll write computer players that follow various different strategies, as well as a human player class that lets a human play the game against the computer.
- Build a single-page web app that allows users to draw pixel art on a customizable canvas.
January 11, 2022
February 13, 2022
February 15, 2022
Scholarship Recipients Selected
February 22, 2022
Nanodegree Program Begins
May 22, 2022
Nanodegree Program Ends
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I benefit from this program?
Learners will work on real-world projects designed by industry experts to build their portfolio of skills and learn in-demand skills from the most up-to-date content, co-created with top industry experts. Throughout your entire journey, you will have access to a supportive online community, where you will get to ask other students and tutors for support to help you through any learning difficulties or even to network!
How many spots will be available?
There are 50 scholarships available within the first cohort!
What does the learner journey look like as part of this program?
Students will have access to the course material through their classroom, and will have weekly virtual touchpoints with a Udacity Session Lead to check on their progress, work through case studies and solve their technical blockers. In order to graduate, students must complete a set of projects within the specified timeframe.
What are connect sessions?
Connect sessions are mandatory weekly sessions with a Udacity Session Lead to track progress, work through technical blockers and work on relevant case studies together. These sessions are a great opportunity to network, build connections and stay on track to graduate on time.
Are there any fees for enrollment?
No, this is a free scholarship opportunity.
Will you provide us with any kind of career support?
Each Nanodegree includes career services in the form of projects, sessions, and employer webinars.
What is the duration of this program?
This program is 3-month learning journey.
How will you contact me?
A Udacity team member will contact you via email by February 15, 2022 to notify you of your acceptance into the program. You will then be notified of your enrollment into the classroom by February 22, 2022. Please be sure to check your spam/promotions folders to ensure that you do not miss any emails from Udacity.
Can I change the email address that I have used to sign-up?
You should maintain the same email address you enrolled with in the program for the duration of your track in order to maintain eligibility. We highly recommend using a personal email address for this program.
Is this program online, in-person, or combination of both?
The program takes place 100% online. You can work from wherever you want to, as long as you have a working internet connection.
How many hours a week should I expect to spend on my coursework, in order to finish on time?
Between instructional content, quizzes, projects, and other course-related activity, we estimate that investing from 10-15 hours/week of self-study including attending weekly 1.5-2 hour virtual connect sessions will enable Nanodegree program learners to proceed through the curriculum at a successful pace.
What are the prerequisites for enrollment?
Interested learners must complete and submit the program application on the website. You must meet the eligibility requirements for the program and successfully answer the technical questions in the application to ensure that you have the pre-requisite knowledge to succeed in the program you chose.
Can I cancel an application I submitted?
You can edit your application through your classroom as long as the deadline has not passed. However, please note that you can not delete your application.
What if I have additional questions?
Please submit a request from here by choosing Rancho Cordova Tech Career Incubator (TCI) as your program and our support team will assist you.