In Collaboration With
The program consists of two phases. Phase 1 is a shorter self-paced course that covers the fundamentals of your given track. Phase 2 is a full 3-month Nanodegree program that includes projects and virtual classroom sessions, as well as engagement with local and national employers! You must graduate from Phase 1 in order to apply for Phase 2.
How does it work?
When enrollment opens on August 24, 2021, participants will self-enroll into one of three programs: Digital Marketing, Business Analytics, and User Experience (UX) Design. Over a 6-week period, all applicants will take part in a self-paced program to teach you the fundamentals of each topic. Enrollments begin August 24, 2021 and will continue on a rolling basis through October 8th, 2021. Learners who enroll on August 24th will enjoy a full 6 weeks to complete the course, whereas those who enroll after this date will need to complete the full course before October 12th, 2021 in order to get certified.
Students who pass the assessment and meet Program Eligibility criteria will be invited to take part in Phase 2. Graduates of Phase 2 will receive an industry recognized Udacity Nanodegree Certificate.
Benefits of Digital Career Transformation: Columbus
- Opportunity to meet hiring employers and managers around Ohio
- Work on real-world projects designed by industry experts to build their portfolio of skills
- Learn in-demand skills from the most up-to-date content, co-created with top industry experts
- Throughout your entire journey and across both phases, you will have access to a supportive online community, where you will get to ask other students and tutors for support to help you through any learning difficulties or even to network!
- U.S. citizen
- 18 years of age or older
- Resident of the Franklin County area
- Complete Phase 1
- Complete Phase 2 Filtration Assessment
- Submit an application for funding to OhioMeansJobs Columbus-Franklin County (Eligibility requirements can be found here)
- Submit necessary documentation to an official from OhioMeansJobs Columbus-Franklin County to verify information submitted in the application
- Dedicate 10-15 hours per week to learning online
- Attend mandatory 1.5 hour weekly virtual sessions led by a Udacity Session Lead
Digital Marketing Nanodegree Program
- Create, execute, and monitor a search engine marketing campaign on the Ads platform for a B2C or a B2B product.
- Audit a Udacity website or your company’s website and recommend actions to optimize its SEO ranking.
- Evaluate the results of a display advertising campaign and create a presentation of the results for management.
Learn more from our program syllabus, and register your interest for the Digital Marketing track today!
Business Analytics Nanodegree Program
- Use statistics and spreadsheet programs like Excel to analyze data from over 500 companies on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Query a digital music store database which holds information regarding the store’s media, employees, and customers.
- Build interactive dashboards with Tableau and use them to discover and communicate insights from data.
Learn more from our program syllabus, and register your interest for the Business Analytics track today!
UX Designer Nanodegree Program
- Develop a discussion guide, recruit research participants, and synthesize findings in the form of a research report.
- Take a product idea through the design sprint process to come up with a user-tested low-fidelity prototype of your solution.
- Enhance a low-fidelity prototype through the application of a data-enhanced high-fidelity design by submitting a midterm and a final project.
Learn more from our program syllabus, and register your interest for the UX Designer track today!
PHASE 1 BEGINS (FOUNDATIONAL COURSEWORK)
August 24, 2021
PHASE 1 CLOSES (END OF FOUNDATIONAL COURSEWORK)
October 12, 2021
FILTRATION ASSESSMENT (PHASE 2 APPLICATION)
October 19-21, 2021
PHASE 2 BEGINS (NANODEGREE COURSEWORK)
November 2, 2021
PHASE 2 ENDS (NANODEGREE GRADUATION)
February 8, 2022
Get notified for future opportunitiesGet notified for future opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Digital Career Transformation: Columbus program?
Who is eligible to apply?
Are there any fees for enrollment?
How many hours a week should I expect to spend on my coursework, in order to finish on time?
Is this program online, in-person, or combination of both?
What are the Terms and Conditions?
How will you contact me?
What if I have additional questions?