About the Program
In Collaboration With
The program consists of two phases. Phase 1 is a shorter self-paced course that covers the fundamentals of your given track. Phase 2 is a full 3-month Nanodegree program that includes projects and virtual classroom sessions, as well as engagement with local and national employers! You must graduate from Phase 1 in order to apply for Phase 2.
How does it work?
When enrollment opens on August 24, 2021, participants will self-enroll into one of three programs: Digital Marketing, Business Analytics, and User Experience (UX) Design. Over a 6-week period, all applicants will take part in a self-paced program to teach you the fundamentals of each topic. Enrollments begin August 24, 2021 and will continue on a rolling basis through October 8th, 2021. Learners who enroll on August 24th will enjoy a full 6 weeks to complete the course, whereas those who enroll after this date will need to complete the full course before October 12th, 2021 in order to get certified.
Students who pass the assessment and meet Program Eligibility criteria will be invited to take part in Phase 2. Graduates of Phase 2 will receive an industry recognized Udacity Nanodegree Certificate.
Benefits of Digital Career Transformation: Columbus
- Opportunity to meet hiring employers and managers around Ohio
- Work on real-world projects designed by industry experts to build their portfolio of skills
- Learn in-demand skills from the most up-to-date content, co-created with top industry experts
- Throughout your entire journey and across both phases, you will have access to a supportive online community, where you will get to ask other students and tutors for support to help you through any learning difficulties or even to network!
- U.S. citizen
- 18 years of age or older
- Resident of the Franklin County area
- Complete Phase 1
- Complete Phase 2 Filtration Assessment
- Submit an application for funding to OhioMeansJobs Columbus-Franklin County (Eligibility requirements can be found here)
- Submit necessary documentation to an official from OhioMeansJobs Columbus-Franklin County to verify information submitted in the application
- Dedicate 10-15 hours per week to learning online
- Attend mandatory 1.5 hour weekly virtual sessions led by a Udacity Session Lead
Udacity's Nanodegree Programs
Digital Marketing Nanodegree Program
- Create, execute, and monitor a search engine marketing campaign on the Ads platform for a B2C or a B2B product.
- Audit a Udacity website or your company’s website and recommend actions to optimize its SEO ranking.
- Evaluate the results of a display advertising campaign and create a presentation of the results for management.
Learn more from our program syllabus, and register your interest for the Digital Marketing track today!
Business Analytics Nanodegree Program
- Use statistics and spreadsheet programs like Excel to analyze data from over 500 companies on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Query a digital music store database which holds information regarding the store’s media, employees, and customers.
- Build interactive dashboards with Tableau and use them to discover and communicate insights from data.
Learn more from our program syllabus, and register your interest for the Business Analytics track today!
UX Designer Nanodegree Program
- Develop a discussion guide, recruit research participants, and synthesize findings in the form of a research report.
- Take a product idea through the design sprint process to come up with a user-tested low-fidelity prototype of your solution.
- Enhance a low-fidelity prototype through the application of a data-enhanced high-fidelity design by submitting a midterm and a final project.
Learn more from our program syllabus, and register your interest for the UX Designer track today!
PHASE 1 BEGINS (FOUNDATIONAL COURSEWORK)
August 24, 2021
PHASE 1 CLOSES (END OF FOUNDATIONAL COURSEWORK)
October 12, 2021
FILTRATION ASSESSMENT (PHASE 2 APPLICATION)
October 19-21, 2021
PHASE 2 BEGINS (NANODEGREE COURSEWORK)
November 2, 2021
PHASE 2 ENDS (NANODEGREE GRADUATION)
February 8, 2022
Get notified for future opportunitiesGet notified for future opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Digital Career Transformation: Columbus program?
The Digital Career Transformation: Columbus Program offers the most cutting edge content in technology, aimed to give Ohioans practical skills to kick start their journey to be ready for the jobs of the future. The first phase of this program is free of charge and open to all learners. Top performing students in Phase 1 will be selected to join in one of three full Nanodegree programs available in the program’s second phase: Business Analytics, Digital Marketing or UX Designer.
In Phase 2, students will have access to the course material through their online classroom and will have weekly virtual Connect Sessions with a Udacity Session Lead. Connect sessions are mandatory, where students work through technical blockers and work on relevant case studies together. These sessions are a great opportunity to network, build connections and stay on track to graduate on time. In order to graduate, students must complete a set of projects within the specified timeframe. Throughout the cohort, students will also have career support touchpoints to support their professional career post graduation.
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants for the Digital Career Transformation: Columbus Program must meet the below criteria:
- U.S. citizen
- 18 years of age or older
- Resident of Franklin County
Are there any fees for enrollment?
No, this is a free program for eligible candidates. Phase 1 graduates must complete paperwork with OhioMeansJobs to be approved for this funding for Phase 2. Phase 2 of this program is funded by OhioMeansJobs Columbus-Franklin County using federal WIOA funding. See WIOA funding requirements here.
How many hours a week should I expect to spend on my coursework, in order to finish on time?
For Phase 1, we recommend that students typically spend 10 - 15 hours total on Phase 1. For Phase 2, students are recommended to allocate 10-15 hours a week learning. This includes time spent in the classroom reviewing concepts, completing projects, and taking part in your weekly live-virtual Session.
Is this program online, in-person, or combination of both?
The program takes place 100% online. You can work from wherever you want to, as long as you have a working internet connection.
What are the Terms and Conditions?
Anyone 18 years of age and older is encouraged to apply. You must complete the application in full to be considered. This program is exclusively for residents of the Franklin County, Ohio area. Please visit https://www.udacity.com/legal/scholarship for more terms and conditions. "Nanodegree" is a registered trademark of Udacity. © 2021 Udacity, Inc. Udacity is not an accredited university and we don't confer traditional degrees. Udacity Nanodegree programs represent collaborations with our industry partners who help us develop our content and who hire many of our program graduates.
How will you contact me?
If you register your interest in the program using the form above, Udacity will notify you via email when enrollment opens on August 24, 2021. Graduates from Phase 1 will be contacted by an official from OhioMeansJobs Columbus-Franklin County to verify the information provided in your application and help you to submit an application for WIOA funding in order to take part in Phase 2 of the program. Upon confirmation, you should be notified of your acceptance to the program from Udacity on the email you provided upon applying to the program. Make sure to always check your emails for updates from Udacity!
What if I have additional questions?
Should you have any questions at all, you can reach out to the program’s dedicated support email email@example.com.