Udacity guarantees you a job offer as an employee or a contractor within 6 months from receiving your Nanodegree Plus credential (the Job Search Period). Further, in your new job (full-time, part-time, or contract) Udacity guarantees that your gross income from such job will be in excess of your cost of tuition (pre-tax) within a 3 month period following job placement.
In order to succeed in the Plus program, we require that you fully commit to your job search and take our recommendations seriously. We believe that every graduate has the ability to achieve their career goals and we will be there to support you along the way. We also know that those who succeed put significant effort into their own growth. The following requirements reflect the actions taken by Udacity’s successful job seekers and are meant to make clear the path to land your dream job. To remain eligible for the job guarantee:
- You, as a Nanodegree graduate, are an active participant in your own success.
- Graduate is active in their job search and demonstrates this activity by submitting a minimum of 5 applications per week.
- Graduate tracks all applications submitted and clearly organizes status of each such that next steps are clear.
- Graduate is able to furnish details and communications relating to their job search upon reimbursement request. Including: the employer, position, date of submission, and all application materials for each position applied to within the 6 month program period.
- The application materials must show clear good-faith effort and be tailored to the role and company.
- You demonstrate commitment to the program by responding to outreach in the following ways:
- Graduate attends required Career On-boarding appointment scheduled by the Udacity Careers team following graduation.
- Graduate schedules a 1:1 appointment with the Udacity Careers team (email@example.com) if after 2 months they’re not having success in finding work.
- Graduate attends all scheduled meetings. If cancellation is necessary, 24 hours notice must be provided.
- Graduate is responsive to outreach from the Udacity Careers Team within 72 hours (including weekly check-in surveys, follow-up emails and scheduling requests).
- You work to set yourself apart from other applicants.
- Graduate continues to build their portfolio of work by regularly working on personal development projects.
- Android, iOS, Full Stack: Graduates are required to complete a minimum average of 6 GitHub commits per week resulting in at least 1 published application or website.
- Data Analyst, Machine Learning: Graduates are required to complete a minimum average of 1 project or competition every 2 months resulting in a publicly published report/result (may include Kaggle competitions or analyzing data sets independently).
- Graduate establishes meaningful connections with an average of 3 relevant industry professionals each week via email, LinkedIn or Twitter resulting in conversation about an open role. This may be achieved by attending local networking events (ex. meetup groups, recruiting events, career fairs, hackathons, etc.), making new connections on LinkedIn with a personalized message, and when applicable leveraging existing connections to reinforce submitted applications.
- You understand that your next job is one step closer to your dream job.
- Applied positions meet the skill level obtained through the Nanodegree program.
- Graduate has not rejected any offers that match their ability and expectations as defined by their Udacity Professional Profile upon graduation.
- Must have been enrolled in a Nanodegree Plus program, remain enrolled, and be in compliance with Udacity’s Terms of Service throughout the program.
- Must be eligible to legally work in the United States for at least 1 year following graduation from the program and applying for work at companies located within the United States.
- Must be over the age of 18.
- Must have completed all Career Development Projects by graduation.
- Must have completed Udacity Professional Profile and enabled Recruiter Access by graduation.
- Udacity does not guarantee placement with partner companies, including Udacity Blitz.
- Udacity is not liable if Graduate fails to pass any background check associated with the job offer.
- Udacity is not liable if Graduate loses job for any reason.
- Graduate is subject to auditing at any point in the Job Placement Period for Udacity to check that terms have been adhered to.
- Should Graduate fail to receive a job offer within these parameters, Udacity will reimburse the full tuition amount minus any rebates and payments which may have been received from Udacity.
- The reimbursement will be paid in US Dollars. Graduate must explicitly request this reimbursement (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org) within one calendar month following the Job Placement Period. Failure to provide timely notice will void the guarantee.
- Udacity may involve third parties in its job placement efforts at no extra cost to Graduate.
- This offer applies without regard to race, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical handicap or medical condition.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.
- These terms and conditions contain the full and complete understanding regarding their subject matter, superseding all prior agreements and understandings, written or oral, about such subject matter.
Nothing herein is intended to establish or create a fiduciary relationship, partnership, or joint venture between you and Udacity.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about these Terms and Conditions or our Website, please contact us:
2465 Latham Street, 3rd Floor
Mountain View, CA 94040
Effective for enrollments after April 5, 2017.
© 2011-2017, Udacity, Inc. All rights reserved.