VR Scenes and Objects
Create game objects in Unity
About this Course
In this course, you’ll learn the the fundamentals of using the Unity Game Engine to build beautiful and performant VR scenes. Starting from basic game objects, you will learn about transforms and materials, so that you can position objects and make them look realistic. Next, you will experiment with animations and cameras in order to make our scenes more engaging in VR. And finally, you will add some complex lighting to your scene to really make your experience really stand out.
Approx. 2 weeks
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
What You Will Learn
- Create game objects in Unity that represent primitives and meshes
- Establish parent and child relationships between game objects
- Learn how to assign a textures & material
- Be able to identify the purpose of shaders and how to use them
- Be able to identify the basic inputs to Unity’s Physically-Based Rendering system and use them
- Learn how to keyframe and a script to trigger an animation
- Learn how to adjust the speed of an animation with curves and the timeline
- Learn how to differentiate an animation clip from an animation controller
- Be able to inspect the camera component and its properties
- Create a simple VR camera and understand how stereo rendering is implemented
- Learn how to implement Google’s VR Camera and understand the advantages of Google’s SDK compared to simple VR camera
Prerequisites and Requirements
No programming experience is required. We will teach and use the Unity platform to edit a VR app, so you should have access to a computer running Mac OS X (10.8+) or Windows (7, 8, or 10). Advanced computer skills are helpful, but not required.
Finally, the most important prerequisite is a willingness to learn new things, and belief that you can do this!
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
You want to make beautiful VR experiences that perform well and impress your users. This course teaches how to use models, materials, textures, cameras, animation and lights to make attractive VR environments..
You’ll design and build a modern apartment and learn VR best-practices along the way. VR development requires a firm knowledge of 3D models and rendering. This course provides the essential 3D pipeline knowledge needed to produce high quality VR applications.
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals