Swift for Developers
Your Next Programming Language
About this Course
This course offers a quick practical introduction to Swift basics, including types, variables, constants, and functions. It combines syntax exercises with hands-on iOS development in Xcode. By the end of the course students will build their first iOS app, an app that creates and displays song lyrics customized to user input.
Approx. 7 days
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
What You Will Learn
- Get to know the Swift types.
- Learn when to use variables and constants.
- Practice syntax with in-browser exercises.
- Define and call functions.
- Correctly use local and external parameters.
- Identify parameter types and return types.
Silly Song Prep: Customizing the Lyrics
- Put your new knowledge of functions to work.
- Manipulate Swift strings to create funny lyrics.
- Write the logic for your first iOS app.
Prerequisites and Requirements
We recommend at least 3 months of experience with any object-oriented programming language. Individuals with no programming experience should take our course, Swift for Beginners.
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
Take this course if you are ready to dive head first into the Swift language and iOS development. If you can't wait to make your first app and you are looking for thorough explanations of syntax with plenty of code examples and lots of opportunities for practice, this is the course for you!
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals