Intro to DevOps
Improving Software Lifecycle
About this Course
The goal of this course is to take existing IT professionals, whether they come from software development or operations, and help them appreciate the challenges facing companies who are looking to embrace scalable software deployment as well as the architectures and thought processes they can use to address these challenges.
Students will start with a presentation of the problem as it stands today, then dive into the DevOps workflow and a survey of the system architectures currently being used to address this problem.
Approx. 3 weeks
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
What You Will Learn
Introduction to DevOps
- What is DevOps.
- Why DevOps is needed.
- CAMS (Culture, Automation, Measurement, Sharing) principles.
Dev and Ops
- The different perspectives of Dev and Ops
- Different perspectives can cause conflict.
- How to solve the problems with different approach and some tools.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- Ability to install software
- Ability to use git
- Some experience with programming (even just scripting in shell)
- Some experience as SysAdmin; some experience with Linux is beneficial
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
Based on Puppetlab's "State of DevOps" report for 2013 and 2014, high-performing organizations are deploying code 30 times more frequently, with 50 percent fewer failures than their lower-performing counterparts.
The report states:
We can now assert with confidence that high IT performance correlates with strong business performance, helping to boost productivity, profitability and market.
Adopting DevOps is the way most companies improve the performance of their IT organisations, and this course will help you take the first steps towards that goal.
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals