Intro to Cloud Computing
Get your start in one of the fastest growing fields in technology.
About this Course
Approx. 2 Months
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
Senior Cloud Architect
What You Will Learn
An Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Learn the benefits of cloud computing
- Compare and contrast deployment models
- Evaluate cloud service providers
Fundamental Cloud Concepts
- Pick the right cloud service for your needs, Spin up a Virtual Machine
AWS Console and Accessing Cloud Services
- Sign up with AWS and learn to navigate the AWS console
- Create an S3 bucket and upload files into it
- Create an IAM user and set IAM policies
Prerequisites and Requirements
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
The global cloud services market is expected to grow by 17% in 2020, for a total value of $266 billion, and by 2022 60% of organizations will utilize public cloud services. The explosive growth of cloud computing services puts cloud computing skills in high demand, and companies are looking for professionals with cloud computing skills to fill a variety of roles from cloud developer to cloud devops engineer or cloud architect, with average starting salaries for a cloud developer reaching $112,000.
This free course will equip you with the foundational skills you need to pursue a career in cloud computing. The course covers fundamental cloud computing principles and features hands-on practice using AWS, the leading cloud service provider. By the end of this course you'll be able to navigate AWS services in the console, store data on an S3 storage bucket, launch a virtual machine, and create a serverless application.
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals