Hybrid Cloud Fundamentals
Learn how to use Nutanix's Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) software to configure the different components of a private cloud cluster.
About this Course
Approx. 1 month
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
Principal DevOps Advocate, Nutanix
Cees van Eijk
Senior Education Manager, Nutanix
What You Will Learn
Introduction to Nutanix Hybrid Cloud
- Describe the engineer’s role in Service Level Agreements related to cloud applications.
Journey to the Modern Hybrid Cloud
- Determine the different models to support various Cloud initiatives.
Introduction to Nutanix HCI
- Use the Prism interface to configure the software components of a hybrid cloud cluster.
Hybrid Cloud Security
- Apply security standard and best practices to secure your hybrid cloud.
- Discuss the differences between physical and virtual networking
- Work with VLANs and the components of AHV networking
Managing Virtual Machines in the Hybrid Cloud
- Work with disc images to create and manage virtual machines.
- Learn about the concept of High VM Availability.
Prerequisites and Requirements
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
This course dives into the role of a hybrid cloud engineer and how to use hyperconverged infrastructure using Nutanix’s Prism web console to configure the different components of a private cloud cluster. We discuss the importance of security and how to manage virtual machines, including data protection, risk calculation and creating backups. By the end of this course, students will be able to deploy and manage private cloud workloads using best practices and industry standards.
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals