The AWS AI & ML Scholarship aims to help underrepresented and underserved high school and college students learn foundational machine learning concepts and prepare them for a career in artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Machine learning is a powerful tool for training computers to do tasks that are too complex or time-consuming for humans.
Udacity and AWS are partnering to offer 2,500 Nanodegree scholarships to underrepresented and underserved HS and College age students globally. The mission of the program is to offer an opportunity for students interested in a potential career in AI/ML.
Why are AWS Scholarships cool?
Students can experiment with racing a virtual race car in the AWS DeepRacer simulator and achieve faster lap times by tuning the machine learning model powering the race car!
Those who want to test their models by racing virtual race cars in a competition can also join the new AWS DeepRacer Student League, a racing league just for students.
Qualifications for AWS Scholarships
Who is the Scholarship For?
- HS & College students globally, ages 16+
- To qualify for scholarships, students must complete training modules, pass knowledge-check quizzes, and have their machine learning model’s race car lap time performance place in the top 20th percentile of program participants.
- Two thousand qualifying students will win a scholarship for the AI Programming with Python Udacity Nanodegree program, designed to give scholarship recipients the foundational programming tools and techniques that are fundamental to machine learning.
- Five hundred students with the highest score in the first Nanodegree program will earn a second Udacity Nanodegree program scholarship to help further prepare them for a career in artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- The top 500 students in the AWS AI & ML Scholarship program will have access to mentorship opportunities from tenured Amazon [and Intel] machine learning experts to provide career advice.
What Can You Expect During the Scholarship?
Phase 1: Students will first enroll in the AWS AI & ML Scholarship program through a dedicated platform where they will complete free training modules, pass knowledge-check quizzes, and power a virtual race car using AWS DeepRacer.
Phase 2: The Scholarship Program with Udacity will then award 2,000 students with a scholarship for the Udacity AI Programming with Python Nanodegree program (1,000 in a summer cohort and 1,000 in a winter cohort.) This four-month course teaches the foundational skills for obtaining a career in AI & ML, in a collaborative virtual class environment with mentorship from Udacity advisors.
Phase 3: All graduates from the winter and summer cohorts will be invited to take an assessment. The 500 students with the highest score on the assessment will earn a second Udacity Nanodegree program scholarship to help further prepare them for a career in artificial intelligence and machine learning. Additionally, the top 500 students in the AWS AI & ML Scholarship program will have access to mentorship opportunities from tenured Amazon [and Intel] machine learning experts to provide career advice.
Apply for the AWS & Udacity Scholarship
The AWS AI & ML Scholarship is an opportunity for you to make your goals happen. You can use this scholarship to help you achieve your goals. With the help of the The AWS AI & ML Scholarship, you will be able to further your education and work towards achieving your goals. This can be a great help in your future career.
Click here to learn more about the 2021 AWS AI & ML Scholarship!