How to become a business analyst.
Gain foundational data skills applicable to any industry. Collect and analyze data, model business scenarios, and communicate your findings with SQL, Excel, and Tableau.
About the OneTen/BIT Scholarship Program
OneTen, the Blacks In Technology Foundation, and Udacity are partnering to award students with scholarships in 2023. Learn valuable skills—online and at your own pace—to open new career opportunities in the lucrative fields of business analytics, digital marketing, or front end web development.
Interested in the Digital Marketing or Front End Web Development Nanodegree programs? OneTen and BIT are offering scholarship seats for those as well.
OneTen, the Blacks In Technology Foundation, and Udacity are teaming up to create change. Please join us in helping to give Black learners without 4-year degrees family-sustaining and generational wealth-building opportunities while also disrupting the status quo.
Apply to the OneTen/BIT Scholarship Program today and gain applicable skills to start a new career in tech and help break open the industry for the advancement of Black talent.
- Analyze data and build models with Excel.
- Query databases using SQL.
- Create informative data visualizations with Tableau.
"I am now gracefully employed as a full-time software developer because of this scholarship. I use everything I’ve learned through Udacity daily in my role. The material learned gave me complete confidence in accepting this role."
Cedric GreenOneTen Scholarship Graduate
The program is designed with students’ needs in mind:
- Convenient: Courses are part-time and online so you can learn when and where it’s convenient for you.
- Flexible: Our flexible schedule means you can put in just a few hours a week and learn at your own pace.
- Inclusive: The scholarship is available to Black learners without 4-year degrees across the United States.
- In-depth: Students can access dozens of hours of free training modules and tutorials on business analytics, digital marketing, or front end web development and their real-world applications.
- Cutting-edge: Students get the exciting opportunity to learn competencies in one of the most in-demand and fastest-growing fields in tech.
- Mentor-supported: All students can leverage guidance from experts and curriculum developers through monthly ask me anything (AMAs). Participants can access 1:1 mentoring from these advisors.
“Being able to connect with people who understand my transition, understand where I’m trying to go and can help me move that way has changed my life.”
CeMarr PetersonOneTen Scholarship Graduate
- May 17, 2023
OneTen/BIT Scholarship Program applications open on Udacity's website
- July 13, 2023
Last day to submit applications to earn scholarship access on Udacity's website
- July 27, 2023
Scholarship recipients notified of their admission to the program
- August 1, 2023
Classroom start date
How can I benefit from this program?
This employee development program uses experiential projects with the most up-to-date content, co-created with top industry experts to build your portfolio. Throughout your journey, you will have access to a supportive online community, where you can get help from mentors and fellow learners—and build a strong industry network.
How will I be notified if I am accepted to the program?
Winners will be announced on July 27, 2023 and will have full access to the program content on August 1, 2023. Look out for an email notification—make sure to check your spam and promotions folder.
What does the learner journey look like as part of this program?
Learners will have access to the course material through their virtual classroom. In order to graduate, they must complete a set of projects within the specified timeframe.
What are the eligibility criteria to enroll?
Black individuals aged 18 or older looking to advance their skills in business analytics, digital marketing, or front end web development are encouraged to apply.
Are there any fees for enrollment?
No, scholarship training programs like this are free through Udacity.
Are there any prerequisites for enrollment?
There are no prerequisites for this corporate training program. However, applicants must have access to a computer with internet connection.
Is this program online, in-person, or a combination of both?
The program takes place 100% online.
How many hours a week should I expect to spend on my coursework, in order to finish on time?
Between instructional content, quizzes, projects, and other course-related activity, we estimate that investing 10-15 hours/week of self-study will enable Nanodegree program learners to proceed through the curriculum at a successful pace.