Our Pledge to Give Real-world Skills Today
- Applications open: August 19, 2020
- Applications close: September 24, 2020
- Program begins: October 20, 2020
- Graduation: March 31, 2021
Who Can Apply?
Who Can Apply?
- Must be able to dedicate 10-15 hours per week to complete the program
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a US resident
- Must have access to a laptop or desktop computer
- Must agree to participate in the student community
Take a look at some of our Nanodegree Programs, designed to be the fastest, most flexible way to get employable, practitioner level skills.
Take a look at some of our Nanodegree Programs, designed to be the fastest, most flexible way to get employable, practitioner level skills.See All Programs
PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR SOME FAQS ABOUT THE PROGRAM
How does this scholarship program work?Udacity’s mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. Our goal is to ensure that these tech jobs are accessible to everyone, regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, or age. To help fulfill this mission, Udacity is providing 1,000 Nanodegree scholarships to individuals from the Black community. Recipients of the scholarship can choose any Nanodegree program which they are interested in and which matches their skill set and experience levels.
By offering the scholarships, we want to close the skills gap for the Black community,creating a pipeline of qualified candidates who want to make an impact in the tech industry.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Black adults 18 years of age or older, residing in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Scholarship recipients should be prepared to invest about 10 - 15 hours per week during the Nanodegree program, which should run for 5 months.
- Recipients must have access to a laptop or desktop computer.
- Recipients must agree to participate in the student community.
- Udacity’s full technical requirements are listed here.
How many scholarships are available in the program?We have dedicated 1,000 full Nanodegree scholarships to individuals from the Black community.
When does the application process begin and close?The scholarship application submission process opens on August 19, 2020 and ends on September 24, 2020. Winners will be notified by email.
If selected, when does the program start?Once scholarship recipients have been selected and notified, they will start their chosen Udacity Nanodegree program October 6, 2020.
What are the criteria for being selected as one of the 1,000 scholarship recipients?The scholarship committee will evaluate scholarship applicants on the following criteria:
- Eligibility requirements
- Answers to the scholarship application
- Motivation levels as expressed in the application’s short essay sections
- The application committee will judge all applicants based on the combined strength of their answers and their essay submissions
Are there any costs associated with this scholarship program?No. Scholarship recipients will receive full 5-month scholarships to the Nanodegree program of their choice at no cost. However, recipients who do not actively work on their program during the initial 4 weeks of the scholarship may lose their scholarship.
Are there any prerequisites associated with this scholarship program?Learners should be able to dedicate 10-15 hours a week progressing through their Nanodegree programs and should have regular access to a computer and the internet. Recipients must have access to a laptop or desktop computer. Recipients must agree to participate in the student community. Udacity’s full technical requirements are listed here.
Otherwise, no prerequisites are required. Learners of all experience levels are encouraged to apply. However, kindly make sure to select a Nanodegree program that matches your skill level during the application.
Are there specific class hours when I need to be online or can I go through the lessons and study whenever I want?You can study on your own schedule so long as you complete your selected Nanodegree program within 5 months. That is to say, you’ll have complete access to the course directly in your classroom 24 hours a day. We understand that students have different schedules and will work on their course at different times and on different days. What’s important is that students make consistent progress each and every week and get through all the content before the end of Nanodegree program period.
Where does the program take place?The program takes place 100% online. You can work from wherever you want to, as long as you have a working internet connection.
Will I definitely get a job based on these scholarships?Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee everyone a spot in our internship program. As a part of our pledge, the top graudates will be eligible to participate in our 2021 internship program, currently under development. We will also offer to share the profiles of top graduating students with our hiring partners for interview and/or internship opportunities.
Will there be a Certificate of completion provided?Recipients of the scholarship who complete the full Nanodegree program will be awarded a Nanodegree certificate of completion.
What are the Terms and Conditions?The full Terms and Conditions are posted here.
What if I have additional questions?If you have additional questions that were not answered here, please submit your question via this form.
How is Udacity evaluating students for the internship program?We will identify the top graduates who would be eligible for the internship using the following criteria:
- The student must graduate from their Nanodegree program by March 31, 2021, or sooner.
- The student must have above average participation in the student community
- The students must participate in a minimum of 2 community-sponsored programs or challenges over the course of this Scholarship.
- The student should provide exemplary support to their peers and be seen as a role model in the Slack community.
- Is the professional profile is completed (including finishing the LinkedIn project)
- Strength of submission video
- Applicants must submit one 30-second to a one-minute video explaining why they want the internship
- Strength of interview with the hiring manager
- Strength of resume or CV