Building High Conversion Web Forms
Thank you for signing up for this course! We hope you'll enjoy it, and we look forward to hearing your feedback in the discussion forums.
Need help getting started?
Downloadable Materials and Code
You can download Supplemental Materials, Lesson Videos and Transcripts from Downloadables (bottom right corner of the Classroom) or from the Dashboard (first option on the navigation bar on the left hand side).
Relevant code will be given throughout the course, however feel free to browse the course repo to check out all of the code for the course's demos and quizzes.
Here's a handy reference for web developers building forms.
Efficient Inputs Part 1
- You'll be introduced to the principles of useful forms
- You'll research HTML5 input types
- You'll build a datalist input
Efficient Inputs Part 2
- You'll exercise best practices for implementing input labels and types with many sample inputs
- You'll validate user input with HTML5 attributes and the Constraint Validation API
- You'll start exploring techniques for making forms faster and easier for users
- You'll practice empathy for your users in order to simply and expedite forms
- You'll apply everything you've learned so far by designing and building an e-commerce checkout
- You'll explore best practices for responding to and designing user interactions on mobile
- You'll use touch events to build a mobile-ready touch slider
- You'll be introduced to the final project - an event planner app!
- Kagure Kabue for editing video!
- Ben and Mike from the Google LDN office for shooting all the headshots!
- Ido Green for being an awesome subject matter expert!
- Sarah Clark for her support and expertise!
- John Mavroudis for his help testing quizzes!
- FEND grads Greg Palen, Munir Mastalic, Micah Hawkins, and Sonja Krause-Harder for beta testing the course and giving us invaluable feedback!
- and finally... you! Thank you for making time to learn :)