Final Project: Local Testing Instructions
We have created a smaller dataset that you can use to easily test your code for the Final Project for Intro to Hadoop and MapReduce. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Make sure that all of your code for the Final Project is saved in the same folder on your machine.
- Download the test data here.
- Save the test data file you just downloaded (it's called student_test_posts.csv) in the same folder as your code for the Final Project.
- For each exercise in the Final Project, repeat steps 5 through 7 with the proper file names. The example used here is the Student Times exercise.
- Open up a terminal or command line window on your computer, and navigate to the folder where your Final Project code and student_test_posts.csv are.
- Run the following command to display your code’s output: $ cat student_test_posts.csv | python student_times_mapper.py | sort | python student_times_reducer.py
- Compare your results to the corresponding expected output: