Instructions on how to install BlueJ on Mac
Step 0 - Smile
- You have a mac so you get to skip the step of installing the java sdk and go right on to step 1. Lucky you :)
Step 1 - Check your OSX version:
- Click on the “Apple” icon on the upper left hand side of the your screen, and click on the “About This Mac” option.
- Check the the OSX version number on the window that pops up. The version number should be 10.x.x. For example, 10.8.3.
Step 2 - Download BlueJ
- Download the appropriate version of BlueJ for your OSX version from the link below:
Step 3 - Launch BlueJ
- Unzip the BlueJ file that you downloaded
- Open the BlueJ folder that was created and
- Double click on the BlueJ icon
and you should see BlueJ like below. Congratulations, you have installed Bluej!
- Now you should download the project files for lesson #1 and carefully follow the steps from the video.
- The zip file for the lesson1 projects is here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/udacity-hosted-downloads/lesson1.zip
- After you have saved the zip file, go to the folder where you downloaded the file to and extract the contents in the zip file into your home folder.
- You'll be able to find the starter code for later lessons and problem sets on the cs046 code wiki page