Simulation-Based Learning: Scholarly Readings
Simulation-based learning is used often in professional training in medicine and aeronautics, so you'll often find many examples from domain experts in those fields rather than from learning scientists.
- Scientific discovery learning with computer simulations of conceptual domains, by Ton De Jong and Wouter Van Joolingen from the University of Twente
- Thinking in Levels: A Dynamic Systems Approach to Making Sense of the World, by Uri Wilensky from Northwestern University and Mitchel Resnick from MIT
- Current Issues and Future Directions in Simulation-Based Training, by Bradford Bell, Adam Kanar, and Steve Kozlowski from Cornell University
- Support for Simulation-Based Learning; The Effects of Model Progression and Assignments on Learning about Oscillatory Motion, by Janine Swaak, Wouter van Joolingen, and Ton de Jong from the University of Twente
- Learning with Computer Games and Simulations, from the Center for Implementing Technology in Education
- Simulated learning in musculoskeletal assessment and rehabilitation education: comparing the effect of a simulation-based learning activity with a peer-based learning activity, by Mark Hecimovich and Simone Volet from Murdoch University
- Enhancing Simulation-Based Learning through Active External Integration of Representations, by Daniel Bodemer of the Knowledge Media Research Center
- Distinguishing between games and simulations: A systematic review, by Louise Sauve, Lise Renaud, David Kaufman, and Jean-Simon Marquis
- The use of ‘exploratory learning’ for supporting immersive learning in
virtual environments, by Sara de Freitas of the University of Coventry and Tim Neumann of the University of London
- Simulation-based medical teaching and learning, by Abdulmohsen H. Al-Elq, from King Fahd Hospital of the University
- Simulation-based learning: Just like the real thing, by Fatimah Lateef from Singapore General Hospital
- MILA–S: Generation of Agent-Based Simulations from Conceptual Models of Complex Systems, by David Joyner, Ashok Goel, and Nicolas Papin of Georgia Tech
Interested in adding to this page? Please complete and submit our contribution form and we'll process your additions soon!