Qualitative Research: Introductory Resources
Qualitative research is an enormous field. Below are some resources to get you started, followed by some more in-depth (but still novice-friendly) sources and courses.
- Qualitative Research Methods Overview, from Qualitative Research Methods: A Data Collector's Field Guide
- A Guide to Using Qualitative Research Methodology, from Michael Patton and Michael Cochran of Medecins Sans Frontieres
- What is Qualitative Research?, from Qualitative Research Consultants Association
- When to Use Qualitative Research, from Qualitative Research Consultants Association
- Qualitative Research, from Burke Johnson of South Alabama University
- What is qualitative research?, from The Marketing Donut
- Qualitative Measures, from the Web Center for Social Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods, from Michelle Saint-Germain of California State University-Long Beach
- Qualitative Research Design, from Martyn Shuttleworth of Explorable
- Qualitative Research Guidelines Project, from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Qualitative Research, from the University of Surrey
Additional sources for learning more about qualitative methods include:
Interested in adding to this page? Please complete and submit our contribution form and we'll process your additions soon!