Project-Based Learning: Scholarly Readings
Project-Based Learning has also been the subject of significant research. Below are a few articles, and please see the Biography of Researchers for prominent authors in this area.
- Motivating Project-Based Learning: Sustaining the Doing, Supporting the Learning, from Phillis Blumenfeld, Elliot Soloway, Ronald Marx, Joseph Krajcik, Mark Guzdial, and Annemarie Palincsar of the University of Michigan
- Learning History in Middle School by Designing Multimedia in a Project-Based Learning Experience, from Pedro Hernandez-Ramos of Santa Clara University and Susan De La Paz of the University of Maryland
- Managing Project Based Learning: Principles from the Field, by John Mergendoller and John Thomas from the Buck Institute for Education
- Teaching for Meaningful Learning: A Review of research on Inquiry-Based and Cooperative Learning, by Brigid Barron and Linda Darling-Hammond of Stanford University
- When Smart Groups Fail, from Brigid Barron of Stanford University
- Problem-Based Learning Meets Case-Based Reasoning in the Middle-School Science Classroom: Putting Learning by Design™ Into Practice, from Janet Kolodner, Paul Camp, David Crismond, Barbara Fasse, Jackie Gray, Jennifer Holbrook, Sadhana Puntambekar, and Mike Ryan of Georgia Tech
- Turning Student Groups into Effective Teams, by Barbara Oakley and Imad Elhajj of Oakland University, Richard Felder of North Carolina State University, and Rebecca Brent of Education Designs Inc.
- A Review of Research on Project-Based Learning, by John Thomas
- Project-Based Learning: Inspiring Middle School Students to Engage in Deep and Active Learning, by Joel Klein, Santiago Taveras, Sabrina King, Anna Commitante, Linda Curtis-Bey, and Barbara Stipling of the NYC Department of Education
- Online Professional Development for Project Based Learning: Pathways to Systematic Improvement, by Jason Ravitz, John Mergendoller, and Thom Markham of the Buck Institute for Education, and Carolyn Thorsen, Kerry Rice, Chareen Snelson, and Sherawn Reberry of Boise State University
Interested in adding to this page? Please complete and submit our contribution form and we'll process your additions soon!