Terms & Conditions
- Through Udacity Immersive (“UI”), Udacity India Private Limited (“Udacity”) is offering UI Services (defined below) to its Students. UI is only available to Udacity Students who enrol and access the Nanodegree programs from India.
- For the purposes of these terms and conditions, “User” shall mean a Udacity Student enrolled in the UI Services, “Graduate” shall mean a User who enrolls for a Nanodegree program on payment of the fees prescribed by Udacity for the Nanodegree program (“Fees”) and successfully completes such Nanodegree program strictly in accordance with the terms prescribed by Udacity in this regard (“Graduation”).
- Students shall have the option to withdraw from the Nanodegree program within a period of seven (7) days from the date on which the Nanodegree program is made accessible to the User (“Refund Period”). If the Student(s) chooses to withdraw from the Nanodegree Program during the Refund Period, then the Fees shall be fully refunded by Udacity to such Users as per Udacity’s policy in this regard.
- UI Services:
5.1 “UI Services” shall mean the (i) Student Services (defined hereinafter) and (ii) Career Services (defined hereinafter) collectively.
5.2 UI Services shall not be available to Students who withdraw from the Nanodegree program pursuant to Clause 4.
5.3 Student Services shall mean:
5.3.1 The guidance and advice by a subject matter expert/Mentor appointed by Udacity in relation to the Nanodegree program subscribed by the Student including (i) a broad overview of the Nanodegree program by the Mentor and (ii) advice on time management by the Mentor as maybe necessary for successful completion of the Nanodegree program (“Mentorship Support”).
5.3.2 Mentorship Support may be provided through the online workplace communication platform Slack to a closed group of Students (“Mentorship Group”).
5.3.3 Weekly one on one calls between Students and Mentors (“Weekly Mentor Calls”). The Student shall be responsible for scheduling the Weekly Mentor Calls.
5.3.4 Monthly knowledge sessions by Udacity subject matter experts/Mentors.
5.4 Student Services shall be available to the Student from the date on which the Nanodegree program is made accessible to the Student by Udacity up till his/her Graduation. In no event shall the Student Services be provided beyond the Completion Date.
5.5 Career Services shall mean the following services:
Service Description Availability Timelines Review of Student’s curriculum vitae (“CV”) Review of the CV (as submitted to Udacity) by an expert appointed by Udacity at its sole discretion. Twice The right to schedule the first review of the CV shall be available to the Student after (7) days from the date on which the Nanodegree program is made accessible to the Student by Udacity up to 1 month from classroom open date; and The right to schedule the second review of the CV shall be available to the Student only (A) upon Graduation and (B) upto two (2) months from the Nanodegree program completion date as prescribed by Udacity (“Completion Date”). Counselling (“CC”) An expert appointed by Udacity at its sole discretion. Once The right to schedule a CC session shall be available to the Student only (A) upon Graduation and (B) upto two (2) months from the Completion Date. Mock Interview (“MI”) MI to be conducted for the Student by an expert appointed by Udacity at its sole discretion. Once The right to schedule the MI shall be available to the Student only (A) upon Graduation and (B) upto two (2) months from the Completion Date. Priority access to Hiring Organizations Udacity may at its sole discretion, share the CV of a Graduate in priority over the Students who are not enrolled under UI, for the purposes of a job or placement with the Hiring Organization (“Hiring Opportunity”) within two (2) months of his/her Graduation. It is clarified that Hiring Opportunity will only be available to Graduates. - -
5.6 Udacity may at its sole discretion, from time to time, add and/or remove a UI Service(s) as available under UI, and UI Services shall be delivered in accordance with terms prescribed by Udacity in this regard, which terms shall include the duration of such UI Services and other such requirements necessary for successful performance of the UI Services.
5.7 All UI Services shall be available only and only in accordance with the timelines as provided under Clause 5.3 and Clause 5.4 of these terms.
5.8 Students (including Graduates) agree and acknowledge that enrollment under the UI does not guarantee a placement or job with Udacity’s partner companies or any other company or organization (collectively the **“Hiring Organizations”**). The User agrees and acknowledges that Udacity shall have no liability whatsoever on account of failure of the Student (including a Graduate) to procure a placement or job with the Hiring Organization.
- Udacity, from time to time, will share details of how the UI Services can be used and accessed by a Student. These details may be shared through an email or such other modes of communication as determined by Udacity in its sole discretion. Students (including Graduates) will be required to be responsive to any such outreach by Udacity. Participating Graduates agree to respond within seventy-two hours (72) hours to any outreach by Udacity, including but not limited to weekly check-in surveys, follow-up emails and scheduling requests in relation to the UI Services.
- You agree that Udacity will provide the experts/Mentors (as appointed by Udacity) with your (i) email id, (ii) phone number, (iii) first and last name, (iv) information on your overall progress in relation to the Nanodegree program, (v) assessment results, (v) percent completion of the Nanodegree program, (vi) projects submitted, (vii) project review results, or (viii) similar information necessary for the provision of the UI Services.
- All Users agree to receive phone calls, text messages and/or emails from Udacity, its representatives and experts/Mentors in relation to the UI Services.
- All UI Services are provided on “as is”. Neither Udacity nor its suppliers make any other warranties, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, title, fitness for a particular purpose or noninfringement. You, as a User (including a Graduate), agree that there is no guarantees about the success of the UI Services, including without limitation the success in a User’s performance in, or successful graduation from, a Nanodegree program, or a User’s performance or success in obtaining employment.
- Udacity, its employees, officers and directors are not responsible or liable for any damages, or economic or emotional loss because of the Users’ enrolment under UI or use of the UI Services. You, as a User (including a Graduate), release Udacity, its employees, affiliates, officers and directors from any and all claims, including claims that acts or omissions by Udacity, resulted in any damages, or economic or emotional loss because of the Users’ enrolment under UI or use of the UI Services.
- If any provision of these terms is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the other provisions herein, and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.