General Scholarship Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: September 14, 2023
The following terms apply to all Udacity and Udacity-affiliated scholarship programs. Please see the individual scholarship rules for additional eligibility criteria. Application to a Udacity scholarship program constitutes an agreement to all of the following terms and conditions:
- Udacity, Inc. and/or scholarship sponsors (“Sponsors”) may offer scholarships from time-to-time to the public or a portion thereof to be used toward Udacity programs and courses.
- Eligibility criteria may vary per program and will be available on the individual scholarship web page. All eligibility criteria must be met by the application deadline.
- Scholarship awards are not redeemable or refundable for cash and may not be applied to any program other than the program for which the scholarship was awarded. Udacity will not be responsible for any taxes levied against the recipient by recipient’s government or taxing authority. Scholarship winners will be responsible for any additional educational expenses.
- Scholarship winners can only win one scholarship per scholarship contest or offering but may apply for multiple scholarships at the same time or at different times.
- Scholarship awards are final and non-transferable.
- Applicant agrees that all information contained in the application is true to the best of the applicant’s knowledge, and that application materials that require demonstration of proficiency will be the original work of the applicant.
- Applicant acknowledges that names of scholarship winners may be listed on Udacity’s websites.
- If Udacity is partnering with a Sponsor, submitted applications and program performance data, including applicant information, may be shared with that Sponsor. Applicants consent to the sharing of this data.
- Udacity reserves the right to revoke awards if a winner no longer meets the eligibility criteria or if there if there is a breach of these or other Udacity terms.
- Udacity employees are ineligible to apply for any Udacity scholarship programs.
- Applicants who are subject to or reside in countries subject to U.S. trade restrictions are ineligible to apply for any Udacity scholarships.
- Applicant acknowledges and agrees that participation in a sponsored scholarship does not create any relationship, partnership, or privity with the Sponsor and applicant will hold Sponsor harmless in any dispute arising from the scholarship contest or offering.
- Applicant agrees that any dispute with Udacity regarding any scholarship contest or offering will be first addressed through negotiation in good faith, and, if no resolution results from that negotiation within thirty (30) days, then by arbitration administered by JAMS, in accordance with JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures, excluding any rules or procedures governing or permitting class actions.
If there are any questions about these terms or any individual scholarship requirements, please reach out to the Scholarships team by submitting a ticket.