Last Updated: September 14, 2023
These terms apply to users whose use of the websites and applications owned, licensed, or operated by Udacity (“Udacity Platform”) for the delivery of online training services (“Online Courses”) is paid-for by a company (“Enterprise Customer’) for use by an employee or contractor/sponsoree while enrolled in an Online Course (“Enterprise Student” or “You”). These terms are agreed to on your behalf by the licensee of the Udacity Platform, which may be your employer or the sponsor of your access (described hereafter as “Employer”) and by you through your use of the Udacity Platform. If you do not agree to follow these terms, please do not proceed using the Udacity Platform and contact your Employer representative.
ENTERPRISE STUDENT ACCESS
Some Online Courses are structured or coordinated into a program format and may result in the award of a Udacity Nanodegree® certificate. A Nanodegree certificate is awarded at the sole discretion of Udacity. Examples of reasons for withholding the award of a Nanodegree certificate include: non-compliance with the User Conduct Policy, plagiarism, or other violations of the Honor Code and Code of Community Conduct. Nanodegree certificates are awarded to the individual that earned the certificate based on the employer or sponsor’s verification of identity. In the event an Enterprise Student opts to delete their account, the verifiable persistent link to their certificate will be deleted with no recovery of earned Nanodegree certificates available.
DATA SHARED WITH EMPLOYER OR SPONSOR
USER CONDUCT POLICY
- that is obscene, fraudulent, indecent, or libelous or that defames, abuses, harasses, discriminates against or threatens others;
- that contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other disabling devices or other harmful components intended to or that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information
- that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- that infringes the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any third party;
- that violates the rights of other Users of the Services; or
- that violates any applicable local, state, national or international law or otherwise advocates or encourages any illegal activity.
Udacity provides Enterprise Students with the ability to upload forum posts, chat with other users, user discussions as well as post content, discussions, materials, media, and other information through profile pages and throughout the Udacity Platform for social interaction or for use with the Online Courses, e.g., questions, hypotheticals, examples, etc. (collectively, "User Content"). Udacity is not responsible for User Content and does not guarantee that any such User Content is accurate, truthful, up to date, reliable, or appropriate. You are expected to understand your employer’s restrictions, guidelines, and policies regarding information posted on public websites and shall refrain from posting or uploading any confidential information, whether yours or your employers. You understand and agree that your reliance on and/or reference to such User Content is solely at your own risk. Udacity does not claim ownership of any User Content you, or another User, may submit or make available for inclusion on the Websites or Online Courses. You and your employer may have alternative contractual arrangements by which you are required to provide copies or samples of information posted on the Udacity Platform. Udacity does not agree to participate in such arrangements and cooperation in this area is not part of the Udacity Service. Accordingly, subject to the license granted to Udacity, Udacity will treat you as the sole and exclusive owner of any and all rights, title and interest in and to the User Content that you submit, post, or share via our Services.
With respect to any User Content you submit to Udacity (including for inclusion with Online Courses) or that is otherwise made available to Udacity, you hereby grant Udacity an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such User Content on the Udacity Platform or otherwise exploit the User Content, with the right to sublicense such rights (to multiple tiers), for any purpose. Udacity reserves the right to remove any User Content from the Udacity Platform at any time and for any reason. You agree not to provide any User Content that (a) you do not have all necessary rights, licenses and/or clearances to provide and permit Udacity to use, (b) is known to be inaccurate or incomplete, (c) requires Udacity to pay any third-party fees related to the provision and use of such User Content, (d) infringes or misappropriates any third party’s rights, (e) is restricted by laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
LICENSE TO EDUCATIONAL CONTENT
As used herein, "Educational Content" means a subset of the Content containing the educational materials made available to you through the Online Courses, including such online lectures, speeches, video lessons, quizzes, outlines, presentation materials, homework assignments, programming assignments, code samples, and other educational materials and tools. Such Educational Content will be considered the "Licensed Material" under the terms of the Creative Commons License (as defined below). Udacity hereby grants you an individual license in and to the Educational Content subject to, as modified herein, the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial- NoDerivs 3.0 License located at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0 and successor locations for such license (the "CC License") provided that, in each case, the Educational Content is specifically marked as being subject to the CC License. Without limiting the generality of the terms of the CC License, the following are types of uses that Udacity expressly defines as commercial uses and prohibited under this license:
- (a) the sale or rental of (i) any part of the Educational Content, ((ii) any derivative works based at least in part on the Educational (Content, or (iii) any collective work that includes any part of the (Educational Content;
- (b) the sale of access or a link to any part of the Educational (Content without first obtaining informed consent from the buyer (that the buyer is aware that the Educational Content, or such part (thereof, is available at the Website free of charge;
- (c) providing training, support, or editorial services that use or (reference the Educational Content in exchange for a fee;
- (d) the sale of advertisements, sponsorships, or promotions placed (on the Educational Content, or any part thereof, or the sale of (advertisements, sponsorships, or promotions on any website or blog (containing any part of the Educational Material, including without (limitation any "pop-up advertisements";
- (e) the use of Educational Content by a college, university, school, or other educational institution for instruction where tuition is charged; and
- (f) the use of Educational Content by a for-profit corporation or non-profit entity for internal professional development or training.
FORUM, BLOG, AND CHATROOM COMMUNICATIONS
Enterprise Students may be able to post messages to, and interact with other users, Udacity staff, or Udacity service providers through user forums, chat rooms, blogs, or other communications channels (each a “Forum”) available on or through the Udacity Platform. Use of these Forums constitute public, and not private, means of communication between you and the other parties. No confidential information, whether that of the Enterprise Student or their Employer should be communicated using any Forums. Udacity makes no representation that any communications via Forums will be reviewed, screened, archived, or otherwise monitored by Udacity in any manner, though Udacity reserves the right to do so at any time at its sole discretion. IDEA AND FEEDBACK SUBMISSIONS Any ideas and/or feedback an Enterprise Student may have regarding the Udacity Platform may only be submitted under the Udacity Unsolicited Ideas and Feedback Policy at https://www.udacity.com/legal/en-us/feedback-policy. Feedback provided to Udacity about its products are not customer confidential information.
LINKING TO THIRD-PARTY SITES AND CONTENT
The Websites and/or Online Courses may contain links to pages or content on third-party websites ("Linked Sites"), and those Linked Sites may contain content or offer products and/or services for sale. Udacity does not author, edit, control, or monitor these Linked Sites. You acknowledge and agree that (a) we have no responsibility for the accuracy or availability of information provided by Linked Sites, and (b) we do not control or endorse the sponsors of such Linked Sites or the content, products, advertising, or other materials presented on such Linked Sites. We may remove any Linked Sites from the Websites or Online Courses at any time for any reason or for no reason. UDACITY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY TRANSACTIONS CONDUCTED BY YOU WITH THIRD PARTIES THROUGH THE LINKED SITES OR FOR ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM THE REPRESENTATIONS OR INFORMATION PROVIDED ON SUCH LINKED SITES. We appreciate that Linked Sites may contain material in which the operator of the Linked Sites has intellectual property rights. We respect those rights and provide the links for information purposes only. The fact that we have linked to any Linked Site does not create or imply any relationship or partnership with the operator of such Linked Site.
ENTERPRISE STUDENT DISPUTES
Any legal issues or disputes regarding the use of the Udacity Platform by Enterprise Students should be referred to the Enterprise Student’s Employer for resolution and will be resolved between the parties as set forth in the applicable contract.