The Science of Decisions
About this Course
We live in a time of unprecedented access to information...data. Whether researching the best school, job, or relationship, the Internet has thrown open the doors to vast pools of data. Statistics are simply objective and systematic methods for describing and interpreting information so that you may make the most informed decisions about life.
Approx. 4 months
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
What You Will Learn
Introduction to Statistics and Methods
- Intro to statistical research methods
- Frequency Distributions & Visualizing data
Normal Distribution Analysis
- Standardized Scores (z-scores)
- Probability and the Normal Distribution
- Sampling Distributions
Prerequisites and Requirements
It sounds strange to say, but math is not the focus of this class. To do well, however, it is necessary to have a basic understanding of proportions (fractions, decimals, and percentages), negative numbers, basic algebra (solving equations), and exponents and square roots.
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
- The applications of statistics to everyday life
- Methods for acquiring data through observation and experimentation
- To organize and describe quantitative and categorical forms of data
- Anticipating patterns using basic probability and sampling
- Statistical inference through estimation and hypothesis testing
- Correlation and simple regression
- Ways of describing the strength of relationships between variables
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals