Fewer Bytes, Faster Loads
About this Course
Did you know that images account for more than 60% of the bytes on average needed to load a web page?
In this course you will learn how to work with images on the modern web, so that your images look great and load quickly on any device.
Along the way, you will pick up a range of skills and techniques to smoothly integrate responsive images into your development workflow. By the end of the course, you will be developing with images that adapt and respond to different viewport sizes and usage scenarios.
Approx. 2 weeks
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
What You Will Learn
Getting up and Running
- Start debugging on your mobile devices to work with responsive images with Sam Dutton.
- Get started with Developer Tools and mobile debugging.
Units, Formats, Environments
- Compare different kinds of images on the web and the units you can use to scale them.
- Set up your development environment so that responsive images are a part of your workflow.
- Apply responsive image principles in a real-world scenario!
Images with Markup
- Dive into using markup techniques like CSS and icon fonts to create responsive graphics.
- Learn how to use markup techniques that are natively responsive and often extremely lightweight.
- Replace extraneous images with markup techniques add social media icons to the responsive blog project!
Prerequisites and Requirements
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
Quick load times and responsive content leads to higher conversions. There's much more to images on the web than
<img>. Attributes like
srcset, markup techniques using CSS, fonts, and inline images, and the brand new
<picture> element are now available to help you create the best possible experience for your users. This course will help you ensure that you deliver the highest quality images with the fewest possible bytes.
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals