Linear Algebra Refresher Course
A Brief Refresher (with Python!)
About this Course
This mini-course is intended for students who would like a refresher on the basics of linear algebra. The course attempts to provide the motivation for "why" linear algebra is important in addition to "what" linear algebra is.
Students will learn concepts in linear algebra by applying them in computer programs. At the end of the course, you will have coded your own personal library of linear algebra functions that you can use to solve real-world problems.
Approx. 4 months
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
What You Will Learn
- Learn the basic operations on vectors (one of the fundamental objects of study in linear algebra).
- Code a library of functions to perform operations on vectors that you will use in later lessons.
Prerequisites and Requirements
The course has no formal prerequisites except experience with some programming language. A familiarity with high-school algebra and trigonometry will also be useful.
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
You should take this course if:
- You want a refresher on the basics of linear algebra or want to learn them for the first time
- You want to see how linear algebra can be applied to real-world problems.
- You want to learn linear algebra in the context of programming.
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals