Organizing Code in a Disorganized World
About this Course
Approx. 6 weeks
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
What You Will Learn
- Build a project without an overall organizational paradigm.
- Explore the pain points of not using an organizational model.
- Introduction to future paradigms.
- New paradigms vs Lesson 1.
- Rebuild the project with the new organizational paradigm.
Using an Organizational Library
- Explore KnockoutJS to organize our code and to reduce the amount of boilerplate we write.
Prerequisites and Requirements
Students should also be proficient in HTML and CSS, and should have experience creating static pages.
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
Many developers dive right into projects without thinking of the organization or structure of the code they’re writing. It's easy to hack projects together, but the best developers spend the extra time to think about the organization of their application and adhere to sound organizational practices.
In order to write clean code that will get you your next job or promotion, you'll need to have a solid understanding of organizational techniques, and you'll need to implement those techniques in your projects. Software developers who write clean and organized code are surprisingly hard to find, so if you can master code organization you’ll be a step above the rest.
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals