Intro to Deep Learning with PyTorch
Use PyTorch to implement your first deep neural network
About this Course
In this course, you’ll learn the basics of deep learning, and build your own deep neural networks using PyTorch. You’ll get practical experience with PyTorch through coding exercises and projects implementing state-of-the-art AI applications such as style transfer and text generation.
Approx. 2 months
Included in Product
Rich Learning Content
Taught by Industry Pros
What You Will Learn
Introduction to Deep Learning
- Discover the basic concepts of deep learning such as neural networks and gradient descent
- Implement a neural network in NumPy and train it using gradient descent with in-class programming exercises
- Build a neural network to predict student admissions
Introduction to PyTorch
- Hear from Soumith Chintala, the creator of PyTorch, how the framework came to be, where it’s being used now, and how it’s changing the future of deep learning
Deep Learning with PyTorch
- Build your first neural network with PyTorch to classify images of clothing
- Work through a set of Jupyter Notebooks to learn the major components of PyTorch
- Load a pre-trained neural network to build a state-of-the-art image classifier
Convolutional Neural Networks
- Use PyTorch to build Convolutional Neural Networks for state-of-the-art computer vision applications
- Train a convolutional network to classify dog breeds from images of dogs
- Use a pre-trained convolutional network to create new art by merging the style of one image with the content of another image
- Implement the paper "A Neural Algorithm of Artistic Style” by Leon A. Gatys, Alexander S. Ecker, and Matthias Bethge"
Recurrent Neural Networks
- Build recurrent neural networks with PyTorch that can learn from sequential data such as natural language
- Implement a network that learns from Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina to generate new text based on the novel
Natural Language Classification
- Use PyTorch to implement a recurrent neural network that can classify text
- Use your network to predict the sentiment of movie reviews
Prerequisites and Requirements
To succeed in this course, you’ll need to be comfortable with Python and data processing libraries such as NumPy and Matplotlib. Basic knowledge of linear algebra and calculus is recommended, but isn’t required to complete the exercises.
See the Technology Requirements for using Udacity.
Why Take This Course
Deep learning is driving the AI revolution and PyTorch is making it easier than ever for anyone to build deep learning applications. In this course, you’ll gain practical experience building and training deep neural networks using PyTorch. You’ll be able to use these skills on your own personal projects.
What do I get?
- Instructor videos
- Learn by doing exercises
- Taught by industry professionals